Tuesday, August 08, 2006

One Of The Seven Deadly Sins

Oh my god. Last night I was very happy, but slightly uncomfortable. A friend of Max’s with a seafood connection offered him a sweet deal on a big box of Alaskan crab legs, which Max took, because he knows I love crab legs.

Max said, “We have a whole bunch of these. Do you want to have a dinner party or something?”

“No,” I said. “I want to eat them.” Because I am greedy.

And so last night Max steamed me up a large – but large – portion of those crab legs. They were big, beautiful crab legs with lots of meat. I ate them all. Max ate some too. But mostly, it was me. Yum.

Afterwards….well, maybe it was all the rich crab, maybe it was the several ounces of drawn butter I soaked up with it, but for the rest of the evening I felt slightly – not ill exactly. But if food can intoxicate, then I was a little intoxicated. Thus, I did not write a blog post. Blame the seductive wiles of the alluring decapod crustacean. I’m wondering if I’ll have a food-hangover today. Punishment for the Mistress’s gustatorial excess.

But I’m sure in a few days I’ll be ready to eat some more.

No comments: