Friday, March 10, 2006

Happy Friday, everyone… I’m looking forward to a pretty quiet weekend, and that’s good, because I’ve got writing to do.

Speaking of writing, here’s this week’s column. Yes, I know it’s not in the paper version, no, I have no idea when I’ll be back in that all the time. The choice is not mine, I assure you.

Local note: if you haven’t been to The Kingfish Café yet, you really must go. Roman and I had an extremely yummy dinner there last night, served to us by one of the most beautiful women I have ever seen in my life.

You see, the Kingfish does Southern food, and it’s owned by two women of color who I believe are sisters, and all the waitstaff that I’ve ever seen there have also been people of color. Many of them are women, and they’re all pretty.

But our server last night was just jaw-droppingly beautiful. Tall, very willowy figure, beautiful features, especially her perfectly shaped cheekbones and jawline - very queenly. And her perfect skin was the color of deep, rich Turkish coffee without even a hint of cream. Words don’t do her justice, she was stunning. I wanted to photograph her so badly! Why this girl is waiting tables instead of modeling, I don’t know. She’s a muse if I ever saw one. I just stared at her while she was taking our order, and then I told her she was a beautiful girl. I'm guessing she's been told that before, but I don't think a woman ever get tired of hearing it.

The food was great too, of course. Roman and I had saved up our calories and we indulged: red beans and rice, fried chicken, yam fries, collard greens, and a huge slab of chocolate cake, all served by this sweetly-smiling gorgeous woman.

And then we came home and proceeded to burn off a few of those calories. Life is good.

No comments: