Tuesday, January 31, 2006

All Dominatrixes, All The Time

I'm not sure how I feel about this court decision and this ad for the MiniCooper. (Be sure and follow the links to see all the images.)

On the one hand, I don't think the Mistress murdered the guy, and if they can't prove she cut up his body and tried to hide it, well, then - she deserves to get off. But Jesus, I hope she doesn't get back in the business. It's the kinda thing that makes clients nervous.

I actually have had one client, an older guy who's not in the best of health, tell me that if he keels over, I shouldn't call 911 because his wife would find out where he was. He wants me to call a pal of his (whose phone number is in his shirt pocket) who will apparently come and discreetly take him (in whatever state he's in) away.

I've told him forget it, if he strokes out, I'm calling the paramedics and he can just deal with whatever fallout there is. I'm not setting myself up to get sued by his irate family for negligence!

The Mini ad - well, it's sort of cute, I guess. I like the catsuit. And in some ways, any mainstreaming of kink is a good thing. Although that model has no earthly idea how to throw a long whip. It's a miracle she didn't lash herself in the face.

But it goes past cute into cutesy. And superficial. It's the kind of thing that makes women without the slightest notion of what BDSM really is decide, "Oooh, that's a sexy outfit she has on. I should become a professional dominatrix so I can look cool like that and guys will give me money." I know, I know - it's advertising, so of course it's going to be cutesy and superficial. But it doesn't make me want to buy a Mini - so there, Madison Avenue.

No comments: