Sunday, February 13, 2005


A shot from a bondage demo, Seattle, 2001 – James Mogul of Nawashibari.com with a lovely model, Gwen. (Sorry, I've totally forgotten what camera I shot this with, or even if it was a digital or a film capture. Whoops.)

Today, Sunday, is Day Two of the Bondage Intensive, and this is what Max is going to teach people how to do today – Suspension Bondage. Suspension is pretty big-deal bondage, and it's one of those BDSM activities where - unlike, say, hand-spanking someone over your knee - if you fuck up, it's possible to hurt someone quite badly. The stakes are high, so you need to know what you're doing. Hence, a two-day class.

Yesterday, Day One, we spent from nine am to six pm laying the groundwork, so to speak, for this. We started with the rope bondage basics, and moved on through some solid intermediate skills. It was indeed pretty intense - for me at least, because Max and I had to be up at six am Saturday to get ready and go load into the space and be all set up by eight-thirty.

Now, I'm not a morning person even when we're talking, say, eight or nine o'clock. Six freakin' am? In the words of Roseanne Roseannadanna: I thought I was gonna die! But we did it, and I think the first day went well. Max's classes always incorporate both lecture and hands-on practice, and people seemed to understand and absorb what he was saying and have fun practicing.

We had a ton of yummy food from the great guys at Feeding Frenzy, which is always a good thing. (And if you're a foodie, check out co-owner Dan McGlothlen's food and cooking blog at that site.) And the space, Studio 120 ,worked out well, too.

But both Max and I were running on about four hours of sleep, because of course we were up late Friday night preparing everything. And while Max can actually function okay with a sleep deficit, I really can't. By about 4:30 pm, the only way I could keep my eyes from drooping was to keep moving around, or at least be standing up. This was after drinking a Rock Star, too. Jesus. We went home at six and I collapsed.

So that wasn't quite perfect, but it was still cool, as it always is, to meet new people interested in rope bondage and watch them get all happy about leaning new stuff they can use. And of course a bunch of my friends were there: Jake, Malixe, Pilot, Silk and her husband, and Liss and Griffin. (Who came extra-early to set up chairs for us. Thanks a bunch, you two.) Roman and his wife also showed up in the morning to sell rope, so I got to give him a quick smooch, too. I also enjoyed chatting with Jake's red-headed friend A., who's quite new to the scene - although I'm sure I was getting a little punchy by the time I talked to her. It was late in the day - God only knows what I said to the poor girl.

But after a good night's sleep, I'm planning on being much perkier today. It's a shorter day, only 1pm to 5pm – but then there's the Bondage Party at the Wet Spot. Max has promised Candy Girl and Rossi to do an adventurous scene with them, so I'm looking forward to seeing that! A lovely end to a non-stop weekend…

No comments: