Thursday, June 17, 2004

Update on the Bondage.com guys...

One of them, Guy # 1, has cold busted me. Even though the picture in the profile doesn't show my face - somehow he figured it out. He's being tactful and not saying "so, hey, you're Mistress Matisse, aren't you?" But he sent me an email dropping a lot of big hints. Dammit, I can't go anywhere in this town...

And frankly, this whole set-up feels weird. I spent all day - in between seeing clients and working out and running errands and so forth - asking myself: Why am I doing this? And I couldn't come up with an answer that satisfied me.

Because...I want to meet new people? No, actually, I like my current social circle and I already have several attractive options bookmarked, if you will, for a closer and more leisurely perusal.
Because...Having an anonymous affair would be exciting? Well, I've done that before, and it was amusing, but not hugely enjoyable. Plus, there's the fact I seem unable to be anonymous, at least within my dating pool. Gah.

So I think Guy #1 will be ever-so-politely cut loose. (Don't feel too sorry for him - he's got a very cute girlfriend already, so he won't be crying over me.)

Guy # 2...Well, I'm enjoying corresponding with him - he's a writer as well, so we have that in common. (As well as several close acquaintances, apparently.) I could see myself doing coffee or something with him. And maybe I could add him to The List and let things evolve slowly, as is my preference.

But you were all so extremely supportive and gave good advice, and so I thank you...I should be back to being entertaining again by tomorrow. Wait 'til you hear the story about the guy with the secret SM society...

No comments: